ADOLESCENT FOOTBALL COACH (AKWA IBOM AND RIVERS STATE)
Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organisation (WEWE) is a reputable national indigenous non-governmental organization implementing a USAID-funded Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) project – Local Partners Initiative for Orphans and Vulnerable Children in Nigeria (LOPIN-2) in partnership with local and international organizations as well as different tiers of the Government of Nigeria at national, State and Local levels. WEWE is seeking applications from a highly motivated, enthusiastic, reliable, youth and kid’s friendly coach to support and develop her community football programmes with a focus in Akwa Ibom and Rivers State. The successful application will deliver high quality football and sport based activities in a variety of environments including Youth/Adolescent clubs in a USAID-funded WEWE-LOPIN-2 project.
Job title: Football Coach
Location: Port Harcourt and Akwa Ibom with minor assignment in Enugu
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
To coordinate the delivery of football development programs within USAID-funded WEWE-LOPIN-2 project in Akwa Ibom and Rivers states.
Design and deliver a football operational plan for the USAID-funded WEWE-LOPIN-2 project, ensuring key football development outcomes are achieved in line with PEPFAR 3.0.
Develop and deliver football programs that will engage, retain and grow participation for adolescent male, female and disability players within WEWE-LOPIN-2 Implementing sites.
Supervise the activity of the community football coaches (volunteer)
Deliver and monitor their Football Development Plans
Must have experience working with children
Qualification, Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of WAEC or school leaving certificate or its equivalent
- Sound understanding of community football programming
- Persuasive communication, ability to influence others
- Technical knowledge: football, coaching
- Understanding of sport and development
- Experience / understanding of mentoring
- An understanding of principals of coaching and coaching styles
- Effective problem solving and decision-making skills
- Basic understanding of The FA National Game Strategy
- Enthusiasm to develop football within the youth/adolescent sector
- Passionate about creating opportunities for adolescent boys and girls to engage in football
- Hardworking and reliable, ability to take on responsibility effectively
- Strong leadership skills, looks to inspire others and support their development
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills and experience working with other implementing partners
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Interested and qualified applicants should send their comprehensive Curriculum and cover letter in ONLY one attachment (MS Word document) explaining their suitability for the job to: firstname.lastname@example.org Applicants can also visit www.weweng.org for full requirement and job description for the positions. Please indicate the title of position and location applied for in the subject line of the email. Applicants are advised to provide their functional emails addresses and mobile phone numbers on the application letter as well as three professional referees. Candidates must provide functional email addresses and telephone numbers of referees.
Kindly Note: WEWE’s recruitment process for these positions are on a rolling basis and while we thank all applicants for showing interest, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. Applications will be reviewed in batches on a first come first served basis. WEWE reserve the right to conclude this recruitment process when a suitable candidate is selected.