Short Term Consultancy
Human Resource (HR) Operation and Administration Expert
Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organisation (WEWE) is a registered local NGO with its head office in Abuja FCT, has been authorized by the US Agency for International Development (USAID) to implement the Local Partner Initiative for Orphans and Vulnerable Children (LOPIN) 2 project.
WEWE is implementing this project with accountability, transparency, a high level of financial integrity and compliance to USAID regulation and procedures. Therefore WEWE is soliciting for an expert in area of HR/Operations and Administration and institutional strengthening to:
- Review WEWE HR policy and Operations manuals to provide advice on best practices in line with international and global standards particularly USAID
- Develop WEWE LOPIN 2 project benefit package in compliance with USAID regulations and Nigerian labor laws.
- Advise and update WEWE on the new Labor laws gazettes and statues of Nigerian and International labor laws
- Provide onsite mentoring to WEWE HR officer in regards proper filing, standard templates for documentation
- Visit with all WEWE-LOPIN 2 Implementing Agents (IAs) and ensure their HR systems are up to standards required by USAID
- Meeting with Moses to vet and streamline the institutional strengthening section of the OCAT
- Conduct a NUPAS and OCAT on the institutional strengthening
- Provide guidance and follow – up for the HR officer and relevant staff of the IAs to trainings required to address the any gap identified to in the revised institutional section of the OCAT.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum of Master’s degree in Business Administration or Post graduate diploma in any HR related course is an added advantage
- Certified member of Human Resources Associations
- Minimum of 5 years in International donor experience in HR
- Minimum of 10 years working in civil society
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in donor funded project
- High level written and oral communication skills in English
- Must be result – oriented, team player, exhibiting high levels of enthusiasm, tact, diplomacy and integrity
- High proficiency in MS Word and Powerpoints
Consultancy fee rate: Fixed fee (Negotiable)
- Revised benefit package for WEWE LOPIN 2 project where necessary
- Report to the board on the identified gaps on the HR policy and operational manual in line with International donor and Nigerian Labor laws.
- Revised HR Policy and Operational Manual
- Agenda for meeting with WEWE – LOPIN 2 Staff
- Presentation to the WEWE – LOPIN 2 Staff on updated labor laws relevant to NGO
- Minutes of relevant meetings with WEWE- LOPIN 2 staff
- Final Consultancy assignment report inclusive of photographs
- Provide Technical support to WEWE – USAID Strengthening Advocacy and Civil Engagement (SACE) project
- Provide Capacity Building for HR Officer
Method of Application
- Interested Consultants should send their comprehensive Curriculum and cover letter in ONLY oneattachment (MS Word document) explaining suitability for the job to: wewevacanciesHR@weweng.org
- Please indicate the title of position applied for in the subject line of the email. Applicants are advised to provide their functional emails/mobile phone numbers on the application letter as well as three professional referees. Candidates must provide functional email addresses and telephone numbers of referees.
“WEWE is an equal opportunity employer, which does not discriminate based on tribe, state of origin within Nigeria, religion, age, sex, race or on different physical ability. WEWE does not require that this information be included in your application and it will not be used as a selection criteria.”