Strengthening Advocacy and Civic Engagement (SACE), Local Capacity Plus (LCP)
Position Title: Institutional/Organizational Strengthening Advisor
Report To: SACE LCP Team Leader
Location: WEWE-LOPIN 2 Abuja
Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organisation (WEWE) is a registered reputable national, non-governmental organization that provides socio-economic empowerment to orphans, vulnerable children and widows in Nigeria. In August 2017 WEWE was sub contracted by SAII Associates Limited by Guarantee (an associate company of Chemonics International Inc. ) on their Strengthening Advocacy and Civic Engagement (SACE) project to implement the Local Capacity Plus project.
Unit Core Ideology: – Strengthening Advocacy and Civic Engagement (SACE), Local Capacity Plus (LCP) is hinged on making WEWE a globally renowned organization that builds the capacity of local NGOs to the level they can access large donor grants including USAID funds through efficient organizational and financial systems and high quality proposal skill matrix and an umbrella where other national and international NGOs rely on for global best practice, technical support and new innovations.
Overall Goal: – To strengthen capacity of 17 SACE project sub-grantees and ensuring that Ten (10) of SACE sub-grantees have administrative capacity, internal systems, policies, which they have implemented faithfully enough to receive direct grants from USAID in 12 months.
Job Summary: Provide organizational management oversight for capacity development of SACE grantees and ensure successful accomplishment of set objectives. (ii)Provide Management and Comprehensive strategic and tactical plan for capacity development of SACE grantees and ensure successfully accomplishment of set objectives and (ii) Provide new direction and innovation capable of radical thinking, for developing new and novel approach to institutionalization of capacity development in WEWE Organizational Development strategy.
- Oversee the Desk Review of 17 SACE grantees institutional and organizational documents/procedures.
- Ensure the Conduction of organizational risk analysis review meeting.
- Ensure the Design and development of Capacity institutional and organizational gap identification template.
- Ensure the Development of Action Plan for organizational management and oversight.
- Ensure the Review of existing organizational policies, management policy and strategic policy, to identify and close gaps related to managing USAID funds.
- Provide technical support in the Adaptation and development of learning session guidance for offsite learning sessions on areas of SACE IP gaps.
- Ensure the Development of check lists for follow up actions and a follow up action plan.
- Attend the Capacity Development Advisory Board meetings
- Conduct desk review of SACE previous capacity assessment reports
- Conduct the Desk Review of 17 SACE grantees’ s organization policies and procedures
- Conduct a skills analysis of staff and Governance review
- Design and develop Capacity Development Action Plan for Board Governance, fund raising planning, internal governance, human resources management
- Adapt and develop learning session guidance for offsite learning sessions on areas of the 17 SACE sub- grantee identified gaps
- Review of SACE 17 sub grantee HR policies and procedures
- Off – Site learning session on topics that address specific identified gaps
- Conduct a joint review and update of Governance and Human resource policies,
- Develop Board Operations Guidelines
- Attend the Capacity Development Advisory Board meeting
- Perform any other function as delegated by the SACE LCP Team Leader.
Method of Application
- Applicants should send their comprehensive Curriculum and cover letter in ONLY oneattachment (MS Word document) explaining suitability for the job to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please indicate the title of position applied for in the subject line of the email. Applicants are advised to provide their functional emails/mobile phone numbers on the application letter as well as three professional referees. Candidates must provide functional email addresses and telephone numbers of referees.
- Kindly Note:WEWE’s recruitment process for these positions will be on a rolling basis and while we thank all applicants for showing interest, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. Applications will be reviewed in batches on a first come first served basis. WEWE reserve the right to conclude this recruitment process when a suitable candidate is selected.