Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organisation (WEWE)
Strengthening Advocacy and Civic Engagement (SACE), Local Capacity Plus (LCP) project
Position Title: Procurement Advisor
Report To: Executive Director/Chief of Party (ED/COP)
Location: WEWE- LOPIN 2 Abuja
WEWE seeks a proactive Procurement Advisor for the Local Capacity Plus project.
Job Summary: Provide overall Procurement Technical Leadership, Management and Comprehensive strategic and tactical plan for capacity development of SACE grantees and ensure successfully accomplishment of set objectives and (ii) Provide new direction and innovation capable of radical thinking, for developing new and novel approach to institutionalization of capacity development in WEWE Organizational Development strategy
Essential Job Functions: Working Relations:
The Procurement Advisor will report directly to the Executive Director of WEWE. The Procurement Advisor will also work in collaboration with other Advisors, Subject matter Expert and the Project Manager with support from WEWE staff team.
Specific Responsibilities: Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide Technical Support in the analysis of procurement and supply management processes to assist in identification of gaps in personnel, systems, policies or other resources required to assure performance and effectively communicate these analyses to 17 SACE grantees.
- Provide technical input for organizational development and capacity building for PSM activities for the 17 SACE grantees.
- Provide technical input in developing standard operating procedures (SOPs) for routine PSM activities, monitoring adherence to SOPs within the 17 organizations.
- Provide technical contribution to monthly, and annual reports for submission.
- Contribute to identify and documenting best practices in Procurement using USAID guidelines.
- Facilitate transfer of skills to appropriate staff through mentoring and on-the-job training to 17 SACE grantees.
- Adapt and develop learning session guidance for off-site learning sessions on areas of their gaps
- Develop check lists for follow up actions plan and Monitoring and Evaluation
- Develop a baseline report, mid-term review and end of project report on each 17 SACE grantees on Procurement.
- Conduct Supervisory Visits to SACE sub-grantees as desired to meet target of six minimal and moderate grantees.
- Attend capacity development advisory board meetings.
- Perform any other function as delegated by WEWE Executive Director (ED).
- Master’s in public administration, financial management, accounting, business administration, or related field.
- Minimum eight years (8) experience in the development and implementation of modern public procurement systems, laws, regulations, processes, and operating procedures.
- Expertise in preparation and implementation of public procurement manuals, training, and establishment of financial systems and controls especially as they pertain to sound, transparent, and efficient public procurement practices.
- Minimum 8 years NGO experience in Procurement for United States Agency of International development (USAID) funded projects is preferred.
- Minimum five years (5) years’ experience training organizations in procurement functions including: codes of conduct, procurement planning, procurement and solicitation methods, evaluation and negotiation, ensuring funds are available, contracting, handling complaints and appeals.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Computer literacy, and excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
Method of Application
- Applicants should send their comprehensive Curriculum and cover letter in ONLY one attachment (MS Word document) explaining suitability for the job to: email@example.com,
- Please indicate the title of position applied for in the subject line of the email. Applicants are advised to provide their functional emails/mobile phone numbers on the application letter as well as three professional referees. Candidates must provide functional email addresses and telephone numbers of referees.
- Kindly Note: WEWE’s recruitment process for these positions will be on a rolling basis and while we thank all applicants for showing interest, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. Applications will be reviewed in batches on a first come first served basis. WEWE reserve the right to conclude this recruitment process when a suitable candidate is selected.