Program Officers (Key Population) – Job Opportunities
Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organization (WEWE) is soliciting for individuals to fill job vacancies in a 5-year USAID funded project called ‘Local Partner for Orphans and Vulnerable Children (LOPIN) Project for Anambra, Imo, Akwa Ibom and River states’. We are currently on the fourth year of the implementation. WEWE is an indigenous national NGO with its head office in Abuja FCT, with project offices in Akwa Ibom, Rivers, Imo and Anambra. WEWE is currently soliciting for individuals who have God’s calling on their lives to help widows and orphans, individuals who have passion for vulnerable children and who are ready to join the WEWE family to help WEWE/USAID achieve its project vision ‘To make Anambra, Imo, Akwa Ibom and Rivers State the best place to live for over orphans and vulnerable children.
- Program Officer (KP) Key Population
Location: The successful candidates will be based in Uyo and Port Harcourt
Experience required: A minimum of five (5) years of progressive experience as a program officer working in the area of Key Population, specifically Female Sex Workers (FSW)
Qualifications and skills:
- A University degree in social work, or any other related field
- An advanced degree in social work, or any other related field also required
- A thorough knowledge and understanding of OVC programming and hands on experience working with Key Population especially Female Sex Worker (FSW)
- A high proficiency in the use of computer, particularly in MS Excel, MS Word and MS PowerPoint
- Relevant professional qualifications and effective verbal and written communication will be an added advantage.
- Ability to speak the local language in Rivers and Akwa Ibom will be seen as an added advantage.
The Program Officer will be responsible for:
- Work with the State Team Lead under the leadership of Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP)/Program Director to design, plan and implement project strategy to identify and link children of FSW/women in transactional sex or their caregivers to WEWE’s OVC service delivery program.
- Work with the Implementing Agencies (Sub-grantees) and Direct Implementers to ensure that Children of Key Population (FSW) are enrolled.
- Work closely with the State Team Leads to provide technical oversight on of OVC service delivery among children of female sex workers/women in transactional sex in priority states/LGAs.
- Contribute to the development of success stories, case studies and other forms of technical knowledge, providing clear documentation of programmatic achievements of Key and Vulnerable Population program activities and other reporting requirements
- Collaborate with other USAID implementing partners in priority states to ensure the WEWE – LOPIN 2 OVC service delivery strategy is in line with PEPFAR’s focus to contribute to the UNAIDS 90-90-90 approach
N/B: WEWE will cover any cost for shortlisted candidates to attend interview but will not cover the cost of relocation for the final candidates to move to Akwa Ibom or River States.
“WEWE is an equal opportunity employer, which does not discriminate based on tribe, state of origin within Nigeria, religion, age, sex, race or on different physical ability. WEWE does not require that this information is included in your application and it will not be used as selection criteria”.
Applicants should send their comprehensive CV and cover letter in ONLY one attachment (MS word document) explaining suitability for the job to; email@example.com
Kindly Note: WEWE’s recruitment process for these positions will be on a rolling basis and while we thank all applicants for showing interest, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. Applications will be reviewed in batches on a first come first served basis. WEWE reserve the right to conclude this recruitment process when a suitable candidate is selected.
Please, indicate the title of the position applied for in the subject line of the email. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Please you are advised to provide your functional emails/mobile phone number on your CV as well as that of your three referees.