Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organisation (WEWE)
Strengthening Advocacy and Civic Engagement (SACE), Local Capacity Plus (LCP) project
Position Title: Team Leader/Subject Matter Expert for Fund Raising
Report To: Executive Director/Chief of Party (ED/COP)
Location: WEWE-LOPIN 2 Abuja
Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organisation (WEWE) is a registered reputable national, non-governmental organization that provides socio-economic empowerment to orphans, vulnerable children and widows in Nigeria. In August 2017 WEWE was sub contracted by SAII Associates Limited by Guarantee (an associate company of Chemonics International Inc. ) on their Strengthening Advocacy and Civic Engagement (SACE) project to implement the Local Capacity Plus project
Team Core Ideology: – Strengthening Advocacy and Civic Engagement (SACE), Local Capacity Plus (LCP) is hinged on making WEWE a globally renowned organization that builds the capacity of local NGOs to the level they can access large donor grants including USAID funds through efficient organizational and financial systems and high quality proposal skill matrix and an umbrella where other national and international NGOs rely on for global best practice, technical support and new innovations
Overall Goal: – To strengthen capacity of 17 SACE project sub-grantees and ensuring that Ten (10) of SACE sub-grantees have administrative capacity, internal systems, policies, which they have implemented faithfully enough to receive direct grants from USAID in 12 months.
Job Summary: Provide overall Technical Leadership, Management and Comprehensive strategic and tactical plan for capacity development of SACE grantees and ensure successfully accomplishment of set objectives and (ii) Provide new direction and innovation capable of radical thinking, for developing new and novel approach to institutionalization of capacity development in WEWE Organizational Development strategy.
Duties and Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Organisational Development Team Leader
- Provide technical and managerial leadership to the SACE Local Capacity Plus (LCP) team
- Facilitates communication among SACE Team and management. Guide management on problem solving, contract compliance and litigation avoidance.
- Provides expertise in strategy development and execution, planning and facilitation of team efforts.
- Proactively address and respond to SACE Team issues by bringing key stakeholders together to assess root causes and/or supporting implementation of appropriate interventions, including strategic planning, tactical and project planning, facilitation, instruction, program design, materials development and performance analysis.
- Review Budgets, Travel Request, Expense Retirements and all requisitions for the project for compliance with USAID policies and regulations.
- Review and submit Monthly Invoices, Financial and budget reports to the Donor
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) Fund Raising
- Provide technical support to the 17 SACE sub-grantees to enable them acquire the skills to:
- Write competitive proposals
- Develop proposal budgets
- Prepare project costing
- Write reports.
- Adapt/develop learning session guidance for off-site learning sessions on areas of their gaps
- Conduct on site learning sessions on proposal writing, report writing and cost proposal
- Develop check lists for follow up actions plan and Monitoring and Evaluation
- Develop a baseline report, mid-term review and end of project report on each 17 SACE grantees
- Conduct Supervisory Visits to SACE sub-grantees as desired to meet target of six minimal and moderate grantees
- Facilitate capacity development advisory board meetings
- Perform any other function as delegated by WEWE Executive Director (ED).
- Relevant degree in business management and administration, economic or any social science discipline. Masters in Organizational Development/Design, Leadership, or related field strongly preferred. An MBA holder is desirable.
- 15+ years progressive work experience in leadership development, organizational development, including: a. 6+ years project management and program development/management experience, and b. 6+ years leading cross functional teams and/or managing people.
- At least 8 years’ experience working in a United States Agency for International Development (USAID) funded project strongly preferred.
- At least 6 years’ experience developing, writing and delivering proposals (preferably in the Nigerian context).
- Strong facilitation skills, Strong oral and written communications
- Previous experience in systems or process improvement
- 4years experience of developing and implementing partnership development activities.
- Extensive use of project management approaches including setting project plans, budgets and schedules.
- Experience in fundraising would be preferable. Experience using Organizational Capacity Assessment tools for USG funded project; OCAT and NUPAS strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience designing and developing learning and engagement strategies.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment.
- Strong writing skills including the ability to synthesize information into clear, concise messages both for detailed analytical reports and executive summaries.
- Multitasking, critical and analytical thinking, team oriented, computer competency, Public Speaking.
Method of Application
- Applicants should send their comprehensive Curriculum and cover letter in ONLY one attachment (MS Word document) explaining suitability for the job to: email@example.com
- Please indicate the title of position applied for in the subject line of the email. Applicants are advised to provide their functional emails/mobile phone numbers on the application letter as well as three professional referees. Candidates must provide functional email addresses and telephone numbers of referees.
- Kindly Note: WEWE’s recruitment process for these positions will be on a rolling basis and while we thank all applicants for showing interest, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. Applications will be reviewed in batches on a first come first served basis. WEWE reserve the right to conclude this recruitment process when a suitable candidate is selected.